Small Business training and mentoring support for refugee women
Stepping Stones is a program that helps refugee and migrant women living in Melbourne to develop small business skills by offering financial education, micro-business training and mentoring support.
Building upon participants’ strengths and experiences, we aim to create a model that enhance women’s understanding of the implications of starting a small business in Australia and informs mainstream services and policymakers on alternative models of delivery for more inclusive and effective micro-business facilitation programs to refugee and migrant women.
Stepping Stones builds refugee and migrant women’s capacity to start small business in Australia by:
- Facilitating understanding of financial systems in Australia
- Facilitating understanding of Australian small business regulations
- Building participants’ capacity to develop business plans and marketing strategies
- Assisting in finding traineeship and work opportunities
- Assisting participants to adapt their business experiences overseas to the complexity and compliance issues of running a business in Australia.
- Linking participants to enthusiastic and experienced female business mentors in Melbourne.